(Collectively, hereinafter the 'Site' and the 'End-User' shall be referred to as the "Parties" and individually as the "Party")
- The expression "this Clause" shall, unless followed by a reference to a specific provision, be deemed to refer to the whole Clause (not merely the sub-clause, paragraph or other provision) in which the expression occurs.
- Words importing the singular include the plural and vice versa, and pronouns importing a gender include each of the masculine, feminine and neuter genders.
- Time periods within or following which any payment is to be made or act is to be done shall be calculated by excluding the day on which the period commences and including the day on which the period ends and by extending the period to the following business day if the last day of such period is not a business day.
- Where a word or phrase is defined, other parts of speech and grammatical forms and the cognate variations of that word or phrase shall have corresponding meanings.
- Scope of Applicability:
The Site provides an online marketplace for the sale of travel services inter alia through its own websites and mobile apps.
If you object to your information being transferred or used, please do not use the website
- Nature Of End-User's Data:
When the End-User makes a reservation through the Site, the End-User may be asked the required information including, without limitation:
- Profiling Information: Information, which you provide when you subscribe or register for a Service. Information about your identity, including but not limiting to, your name/guest name, nationality, gender, marital status, age, your email address, room preference, meal preference, special needs (if any);
- Financial information, such as, your banking details and any information relating to your income and lifestyle levels;
- Contact details such as your physical addresses, postal addresses, telephone and fax numbers;
- Payment and Account Information: Your account history with us including (without limitation) all billing information and communications, payment history etc;
- Service Usage: Information about your navigation using Site, for example the URLs of websites, which you visit and from which you request downloads;
- Transactional Information: Transactional history (other than banking details) about your e-commerce activities;
- Correspondence Information: Content, information about your correspondents, and the destination/origin of communications between you and any other person using the Site, which include email communications, blog, chat room and discussion board communications, instant message communications, experts forum communications, faxmail communications, membership of mailing lists etc;
- User IDs: Your usernames, passwords, email addresses and other security-related information used by you in relation to our Services; and
- Stored Information: Data either created by you or by a third party and which you wish to store on our servers such as image files, documents etc.
To make it easier to manage your reservations, Redbus may provide facility for End-User to open a user account with Redbus. The user account may allow you to save your personal settings, review previous bookings and manage future reservations.
When you visit the Site, even if you do not make a reservation, we may collect certain information, such as, your IP address, or browser, and information about your computer's operating system, application version, language settings and pages that have been shown to you. If you are using a mobile device, we might also collect data that identifies your mobile device, device-specific settings and characteristics and latitude/longitude details.
(Collectively, the above end-user's data along with the 'Targeting Data (defined below)' shall be hereinafter referred to as the "End-User's Data")
- Purpose Of Using End-User's Data:
- Customer Service :
Redbus may use the End-User's Data for providing customer services to the End-User.
- Account Administration :
Redbus may offer a user account facility on the Site. Redbus may use the information you give to Redbus for administering the account, allowing you to manage your bookings, take advantage of special offers, and manage your personal settings.
- Marketing Activities :
We may also use your information for marketing activities, as permitted by applicable laws, such as, the following:
- When you make a booking with us or set up a user account, we may use your contact information to send you news about similar travel-related products and services. We also send our End-Users regular newsletters by email. You can opt out, or unsubscribe, from marketing communication at any time.
- Based on the information you share with us, individualized offers may be shown to you on the Site, in mobile apps or on third-party websites, including social media sites.
- When we believe that a particular offer may be of interest to you, we may decide to make contact with you by phone given at the time of making the reservation/booking through the Site.
- Other Communications :
There may be other times when we get in touch by email, by post, by phone or by texting you, depending on the contact information you share with us. There could be a number of reasons for this, such as, the following:
- We may need to respond to and handle requests you have made.
- If you have not finalized a reservation online, we may email you a reminder to continue with your reservation. We believe that this additional service is useful to you because it allows you to carry on with a reservation without having to search for the accommodation again or fill in all the reservation details from scratch.
- When you use our Site, we may send you a questionnaire or invite you to provide a review about your experience with the Site.
- We may also send you other material related to your reservation, such as how to contact the Site, if you need assistance while you are away, or a summary of previous reservations you made using the Site.
- Market Research :
We sometimes ask our customers to take part in market research. Any additional details that you give us as part of the market research will only be used with your consent.
- Fraud Detection and Prevention :
We may use the End-User's Data for the detection and prevention of fraud and other illegal or unwanted activities or disclose the End-User's Data if required as per the applicable laws.
- Improving Our Services :
We may use the End-User's Data for analytical purposes, to improve our services, enhance the user experience, and improve the functionality and quality of our online travel services.
In certain circumstances, we may share the End-User's Data with third parties, such as, the following:
- The Booking of User:
In order to complete your booking, we need to transfer relevant reservation/booking related End-User details to the bus operator/hotel you booked with.
- Redbus's Local Site's Office :
In order to support you during the reservation/booking process and throughout your stay, your details may be shared with any of the group companies of Redbus. Your information might also be shared with other members/services providers to the Site/group companies for analysis to provide you with travel-related offers that may be of interest to you and to offer you customized service.
- Third -Party Service Providers :
We may use third-party service providers to process the End-User's Data on our behalf for the purposes specified above. To further elaborate in this regard, we may use service providers to send the reservation/booking information on our behalf to the accommodation/bus operator you booked through the Site, or we may instruct third parties to contact you. When a reservation/booking requires it, we may also work with third-party payment service providers to facilitate payment or payment guarantees. We also work with third-party advertisement networks to market our Site on other platforms, or involve third-party providers for analytical purposes. These third parties involved in any of these services will be bound by confidentiality agreements and will not be allowed to use the End-User's Data for any purposes other than those specified above.
- Use of End-User's Data on Mobile Devices :
We may provide free apps for a variety of mobile devices and use versions of our regular Site that have been optimized for mobile. These apps and mobile websites process the End-User's Data in a similar way as our Site does and they also allow you to use location services to find suitable bookings for the End-User.
- Use of Targeting Data (defined below) for Retargeting :
- End-User's Data Security Safeguards :
- In accordance with the applicable laws, we observe reasonable procedures to prevent unauthorized access and the misuse of the End-User's Data.
- We use appropriate business systems and procedures to protect and safeguard the End-User's Data given to us. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using the End-Users on Site. Only authorized personnel are permitted to access End-Users in the course of their work.
- The Services offered by the Site are not directed at minors (as more specifically provided for in the General Terms and Conditions of Site usage). The use of Site is only allowed with the valid consent of a parent or a guardian.
- You always have the right to review the End-User's Data we keep about you. You can request an overview of your End-User's Data by emailing us at [ firstname.lastname@example.org ]. Please write "Request For End-User's Data" in the subject line of your email and include a copy of your identity card to help us prevent unauthorized individuals from accessing the End-User's Data.
If the End-User's Data we have for you is incorrect, we will update it at your request. You can also ask us to remove your End-User's Data from our customer database by sending an email to [ email@example.com ] with “Request for removal of End-User's Data” in the subject line. However, where you choose to remove your End-User Data, we may not be able to provide you with access to the Site for making reservations/bookings. We may also need to retain certain information in accordance with applicable laws, for legal or administrative purposes, such as record keeping or to detect fraudulent activities. You can delete your user account at any time by signing into your account on the Site and choosing to remove your account.
- Amendment / Modification :
- Limitation Of Liability:
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction:
- The Parties acknowledge and accept that electronic format shall be deemed an acceptable means of communication for the purposes of this Private Policy.